Our organization is working towards eradicating illiteracy and promoting education in rural and urban area. From FY 2018-19, we have been working along with GoK as part of Adult Education project. As part of this project, we have to survey adult illiterates and then conduct classes to educate them.
In association with Social Welfare Dept, GoK, our organization has been working tirelessly to create aware against untouchability in different talukas of Vijayapur district. Awareness is created by playing street dramas, distributing pamphlets, and conducting seminars.
- We have been conducting tailoring training programs for young women to empower them.
- In FY 2014-15, we organized horticulture production processing training in association with Horticulture Dept, GoK.
AGRICULTURE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- We are creating awareness among farmers about agri-forestry in association with Dept. of Forest, GoK.
- We have been organizing awareness and training programs about grape and promogranate farmers about latest practices. Scientists from KVKs are invited to provide training.
- Our organization has been creating awareness about organic farming by inviting progressive farmers and scientists to training sessions.
- In 2018, in association with Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Energy and Development, Bangalore, we conducted awareness programs about renewable energy in rural area. SHG and Gram Panchayat members were target audience of this project.
- We been have conducting awareness programs about importance of groundwater recharging, soil management and watershed construction.
HEALTH & Hygiene
Our organization is one of leading NGOs working to build healthy society by building toilets as part Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan and Swachh Bharat Mission. We have identified over 5000 beneficiaries and built toilets across Vijayapur district in association with Zilla Panchayat and ULBs like Mahanagar Palike, Municipal Council, Town Panchayats.
YOUTH & EMPLOYMENT
- In FY 2014-15, we have organized ‘Our Village & Our School’ project in association with Youth Empowerment & Sports Dept, GoK.
- In FY 2015-16, we organized skill development and vocational training programs for OBC, SC and ST students in Vijayapur.
Since inception, our organization has been working with Dept. of Women and Child Welfare, GoK to eradicate child labor in the Vijayapur district. We do survey to identify child labors and provide them shelter in Govt. Balabhavans. We do conduct street dramas and write wall paintings to create awareness against child labor.